Medical Mistake Leaves Woman’s Vagina Burned, Offered $50 Voucher

Recently, a 21-year-old woman from New Zealand was left with horribly burns on her vagina after she underwent a medical procedure. The young woman is currently fearful that she may never be able to have children. The hospital, however, didn’t seem too worried. They simply offered her a $50 fuel voucher as an apology.

The woman, who wished to remain anonymous, spoke with Herald NZ, about her experience at the hospital. She spent some time at Wellington’s Wakefield Specialist Centre for colposcopy after she had an odd smear test. The acetic acid used within the procedure, which generally only lasts about 15 minutes, was supported to have been diluted to 5%, but remained at its original 100% concentration instead.

Newtown Mall Pharmacy, the company that labeled the acid, is currently investigating what went wrong with their product. The pharmacy sent her a letter apologizing for the acid mix-up, and offered the gas voucher for $50.

Share this post

Leave a comment