Mother Feeds Her Toddler Live Frogs To Help Seizures, Harms The Boy Even More

A mother of a three-year-old boy in China listened to advice from friends and used a traditional method of treatment for seizures, feeding the boy live frogs. Her young son had been having seizures for quite some time and she didn’t know what to do to stop them. So, she asked her friends for advice and they told her about this old traditional way of treating them.

According to reports, the grandfather of the young toddler went out into a nearby field and caught three live frogs. The boy’s mother and his grandfather then held the boy down and forced him to swallow the live frogs whole, while the frogs were still wriggling. This did not stop his seizures, however, but instead gave him a parasite that caused masses to grow on his stomach and scrotum.

Doctors have removed the tapeworms that formed on the masses. However, it will be a while before they know if they have gotten them all. Tapeworms can actually live up to 20 years in the human body.

Share this post

Leave a comment